Friendz Forever...

Here's a place on the internet dedicated to everlasting friendship!!

Monday, June 20, 2005

Ek Do Teen

I have been waiting for these days ever since...Freedom!! Oh oh temporary of-course.

Now that I have plenty of time to while away I have very wisely spent it in watching two bad movies with great company and a great movie in ....well what do u expect ...yes, bad company.

<> The first one was Bunty and Bubbly which everyone watched and it was dreadful in my opinion ....ah I wish we had taken your advice Anubhav. Now everyone knows why it was so...maybe there were exceptions (Hey no offence meant to the die hard Big B fans o'er here). And the second movie was Mr and Mrs Smith. Now I am sorry to rip off your hopes and expectations but well, a critic has to do what a critic has to do...So hey it was a pathetic movie. Yeah there were no sizzling scenes between the hot pair (if you were anxious to watch those) and Angelina Jolie acted terribly. She had the same expression on her face throughout and uff I was getting irritated after some time. The savior of the flick was Brad Pitt…. oh his muscles ….wow he was just looking so HOT! Now you may think that the storyline is interesting. Yes it definitely is. The first half of the movie was engrossing. However the interval seemed to have changed just about everything. I felt as if I was watching some Bollywood action film rather than a much awaited Hollywood flick. It almost reminded me of Sunny Deol’s bravado in Gadar. <>

Jolie and Pitt holding guns in both hands …fighting off the whole of the commando force…Killing all of them…Fleeing away with minor injuries…How heroic that was!! <>

Now thankfully the guys (we were 3 girls and 3 guys) weren’t enjoying it or else I would have felt I have come with a bunch of nut cases. Oh yes the company was great and we passed loads of comments- Sabaa and Awais that is (for that seemed a better form of entertainment). Awais was as usual trying to impress Sabaa and me together. And that day he had another prey who was subjected to his buffoonery. That was Anubha of-course. …But the poor fella was disappointed when he learnt she was already ‘booked’ (poor poor Awais). I had to suffer in turn. So I enjoyed the rest of the day at Subway munching away at Shaubhik’s Sandwich, Archit’s salad (the subway salads taste awfully) and my sandwich. And yeah one good thing I discovered was that guys hate to be thrashed by a girl …especially with a hair brush …oh but the girl always enjoys it immensely! And its lovely when you hit hard and the guy almost squeals …and he can’t hit you ….he’d better behave like a ‘man’!!<>

And the third movie was Parineeta. I watched it today with Mom, Malika, Mom’s friend and me…. and that’s boring company for sure. However the movie was good. It did not have a great storyline but was done up pretty well. The songs were great, the performances were greater and Saif looked handsome, even in his old fashioned look. The new introduction Vidya Balan is excellent. The only negative aspect being her nose ….it almost looks like Jojo Momo Popo’s nose (that is Mrs Jyotsana Taneja- math teacher) and is a trifle too long. It was a serious movie mainly telling us the story of a girl falling in love with a guy who can’t really stand up against his father. It had a few twists and unexpected turns. It was a little too dramatic in the end though. Oh yes go and watch it if you are the kinds who appreciates sober dramas. It’s a complete no no for those with dhash dhoosh dhiish tastes. Sensitive stuff for sensitive people – full stop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home